April 23, 2012

Ladybug Excitement!

Today my kids got to experience ladybugs up close. I had them in containers on their desks when they came back from Music. They were thrilled! Kids always love animals.
After they looked at them (and let them crawl on their arms), they worked in groups. They have worked in groups of 2-4 before, but today I gave them each a specific job. The reader read a ladybug book to the group. The "cutter" cut out the labels for the ladybug lifecycle. The "gluer" glued the labels down as the group decided how to design their poster and the "writer" wrote the important information on the poster. Here are some pictures I took as they worked.


Apparently I didn't take a picture of the final posters so I will add that later. The children then created a Ladybug chart "Ladybugs are...do...have".
Last, the children wrote at least 5 sentences about what they learned about ladybugs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment